SEGUEIX-NOS A LES XARXES SOCIALS:
Caldes parish church has been through three different stages in history:
The first building is of mediaeval origin and was used as a chapel for a hospital complex created in 1219 by Peter Grony, a soldier of a military-religious order of which he was prior. He managed the hospital and the small community of residents for ten years. The most famous remains preserved from this period are the gravestone above the front door, which contains a prayer in Latin dedicated to the Mother of God, and the holy water stoup in the form of a capital.
A new building was opened in 1557, and a few years later (in 1565) there is evidence of the first parish record books (now lost). It was renovated in the year 1603.
The current building is the result of a long process, which started in 1805, was completed in 1830 and was expanded in 1868. It was renovated in 1942, after the end of the Civil War. In 2005, after celebrating its second centenary, work began on the construction of the new roof and restoration of the façade.
Annexed to the church is the rectory building, which housed the parish cinema for many years.